Now’s the perfect time to write a press release announcing your predictions for the coming year. Your readers and your prospects like to see what thought leaders like you think will happen in the coming year.
Here are 10 tips to write a “Top Trends to Look for in 2011” press release.
1. List 10 trends or thoughts or ideas that you think are likely to happen.
2. Explain why each is important.
3. Offer a short story or anecdote that illustrates that point, if you can. You don’t need to do this for each tip, but it is a good way for people to follow your train of thought.
4. Add a bit of humor. One humorous prediction is always relished. In fact, if you have a cool wit, the entire press release could be done with tongue in cheek. People love to pass around funny material, so this press release could go viral.
5. Show why you are the expert to write this piece. Refer to your consulting, coaching or books. That way you subtly market your services so you can get new business.
6. Keep the press release to 750 words or less. People don’t have a lot of time to read long pieces. We are in the midst of a period in which people have shorter and shorter attention spans. So your press releases and articles need to be shorter.
7. Use key words in the headline and first paragraph to grab the attention of search engines. People use search engines to find companies like yours and products like yours. If you do you use the right keywords, you will have a lot more qualified prospects reading your press release and visiting your site.
8. Put links to specific web pages into your press release. For example, you could lead people to your home page, your squeeze page, your blog or your sales page. Or all of them. Use your links wisely.
9. If you don’t have time to write this, find someone who can. The chance for positive exposure is great.
10. Post the press release to your blog. Share the link with your followers on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter.
If you have trouble writing this press release, call me and I’ll write it for you – as well as brainstorm if needed. Then I’ll send it to top news media outlets and vertical market reporters. I’ll even guarantee that at least 40 media websites will print the press release or I’ll give you your money back. Want details? Please see http://www.prleadsplus.com/top or if you are ready to start NOW, call me at 952-380-1554.